So here’s my email to Tim Walsh, P.E., Director Development Service Department, regarding condemnation of homes built pre 2008 without inspections:
Subject: My neighbor [redacted] condemned house
Dear Mr. Walsh:
As the County failed to honor our requests to let my neighbor live in peace, I am going to take this wherever it needs to go to protect our homes.
Almost all homes in our rural area were built pre 2008, when code compliance and inspections were NOT required.
1) Why does the County have the right to NOW demand code compliance?
2) Where can I find the regulations pertaining to pre 2008 building requirements online?
3) Where can I find the procedures for condemnation and subsequent demolition by the County online?
4) How many structures has the County condemned since 2008?
5) How many structures has the County demolished since 2008?
We'll greatly appreciate your prompt response.
c: Supervisor Jean Bishop
Received a reply this morning from Jean Bishop's assistant:
Good Morning Christine,
Thank you for copying Supervisor Bishop on your email.
Please know that Supervisor Bishop is working with Tim Walsh to get answers to your questions as quickly as possible.
Respectfully,Marianne Salem, CPM
Executive Assistant for
Supervisor Jean Bishop
Mohave County Supervisor District 4
Seems to me like it shouldn't be a big deal to send me at least a few links with online info. Am beginning to wonder whether they've been condemning and demolishing hundreds or thousands of homes. You'd think we'd notice.
Maybe their response was accidentally junked?
I'm wondering if I didn't receive or accidentally deleted an email with at least some of the requested info. Could you check into that for me?